10 Benefits to a Good Night Sleep
1. Boosts your immune system – your immune cells and proteins get time to rest, allowing them to fight off illnesses
2. Better sleep = better mood – being rested helps your energy leaves increase allowing you to tackle the day ahead
3. Increases productivity – quality sleep has been linked to improved concentration and higher cognitive function
4. Prevents accidents – studies have found you are twice as likely to get into a car accident when you have under 8 hours of sleep
5. Assists in maintaining a healthy weight – when you don’t get enough sleep, your body produces a hormone that boosts appetite
6. Improves memory function – while you are sleeping, your brain is processing and consolidating your memories from the day. If you don’t get enough sleep, you are less likely to retain memories from that day.
7. Keeps your heart strong – similar to your immune system, your heart needs proper rest to function properly.
8. Better decision making – scientist found that when you have an issue and go to sleep, our brain is still looking for a solution, so when you wake up, your brain is already open to asses the issue again.
9. Makes you more attractive – you heard it right, an article has shown that regular, complete sleep makes us appear healthier and more attractive.
10. Live longer! – if you are regularly not sleeping well, you are more likely to develop various diseases.